Friday 2 June 2017

UVA 494 - Kindergarten Counting Game

Problem : Kindergarten Counting Game
Everybody sit down in a circle. Ok. Listen to me carefully. 
``Woooooo, you scwewy wabbit!'' 
Now, could someone tell me how many words I just said? 

Input and Output
Input to your program will consist of a series of lines, each line containing multiple words (at least one). A ``word'' is defined as a consecutive sequence of letters (upper and/or lower case). 
Your program should output a word count for each line of input. Each word count should be printed on a separate line. 

Sample Input
Meep Meep!
I tot I taw a putty tat.
I did! I did! I did taw a putty tat.
Shsssssssssh ... I am hunting wabbits. Heh Heh Heh Heh ...

Sample Output
2
7
10
9



My accepted code is given below:
#include<bits/stdc++.h>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
    char s[1000000];
    long l,c,i;
    while(gets(s))
    {
        l=strlen(s);
        c=0;
        for(i=0;i<l;i++)
        {
            if((s[i]>='a'&&s[i]<='z')||(s[i]>='A'&&s[i]<='Z'))
                {
                    while((s[i]>='a'&&s[i]<='z')||(s[i]>='A'&&s[i]<='Z'))
                    {
                        if(i>l-1)
                            break;
                        i++;


                    }
                     c++;
                }
        }
        cout<<c<<endl;
    }
    return 0;
}

No comments:

Post a Comment